What are you doing to improve your oral health? Are you doing enough? Every single day, most of us wake up, and brush our teeth. Sadly, this is not a catch-all for perfect oral hygiene, and there are many more things throughout our day we can do to improve our teeth and gums. Take the following test, to gage your current oral fitness:
– Has a dentist or doctor cleared you of all eating disorders?
– Do you use safe teeth whitening products? Have you discussed the product(s) with a dentist?
– Do you typically use products dentist-approved, or with the ADA Seal of Acceptance?
– Do you schedule regular visits with your dentist?
– Do you avoid risks that may damage oral health like mouth jewelry, including lip rings?
– Have you had your wisdom teeth checked by a dentist?
– Do you know your complete dental history?
– Do you avoid sugary drinks such as soda?
– Do you avoid hard candies?
– Do you use a mouthguard or facemask when playing sports that can cause a mouth injury? If applicable, do you consistently clean your mouthguard?
If you answered yes to 1 to 4 questions, your oral health is poor, and needs improvement.
If you answered yes to 5 to 9 questions, your oral health is ok, but needs improvement.
If you answered yes to all 10 questions, your oral health is great, keep up the good work!
For more great ideas to keep your excellent smile lasting as long as you do, please call Midwest Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at 952-226-7940 to talk to a member of our team. Call us, or stop by our office in Savage, Shakopee, and Eden Prairie, Minnesota, and let us help you achieve a healthy smile.